You are here:Home/>CALIFORNIA “Implicit Bias Training” CE CLASS Questions with...
California: “Implicit Bias Training” Questions only (no answers) Answers will be revealed with proper subscription
1. What is another term for implicit bias? a. Explicit bias b. Indirect bias c. Overt bias d. Unconscious bias
2. Sam and Scott are twins but hold different political views. Each searches online for articles to support their views and shows the articles to each other. Of course, neither ever changes his opinion. This is an example of: a. confirmation bias. b. halo effect. c. contrast effect. d. sibling rivalry.
3. Many people use the terms “race,” “ethnicity,” and “minority group” interchangeably. Which statement is CORRECT? a. They mean the same thing. b. They have different meanings. c. They have synonymous meanings. d. Their meanings are equivalent.
4. Which is NOT one of the economic classes that sociologists generally identify in the United States? a. Lower class b. Middle class c. Poverty class d. Upper class
5. A social system, society, or organization in which people get success or power because of their abilities, not because of their money or social position is called: a. meritocracy. b. a caste system. c. a class system. d. socialism.
6. Which sentence best describes implicit bias? a. A bias is always positive. b. It is a subjective way of thinking. c. A bias is always negative. d. Real estate agents should be biased when working with clients.
7. The illegal and discriminatory practice of banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions refusing to lend or do business in inner-city neighborhoods is known as: a. blockbusting b. panic peddling c. redlining d. steering
8. Which protected class is NOT included under the federal Fair Housing Act but is included in the California Fair Employment and Housing Act? a. Color b. Familial Status c. National Origin d. Veteran or military status
9. What is the new Golden Rule, which sometimes is called the Platinum Rule? a. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” b. “Do unto others before they do unto you.” c. “Treat others the way they would like to be treated.” d. “Treat others the way you think they should be treated.”
10. The National Association of REALTORS guidance on Platinum Rule: a. warns agents and their clients not to accept love letters. b. dictates that buyers cannot write them. c. tells buyers that love letters are illegal. d. All the choices are correct.
11. A group that has unequal treatment and less power over their lives, is considered a(n): a. dominant group. b. minority group. c. influential group. d. major group.
12. Mary, a successful associate broker arrived late to her listing appointment, and she was dressed in a cotton tee, jeans, and tennis shoes. Based on her appearance and late arrival, the seller assumed that Mary would be incapable of marketing the seller’s home. This is an example of: a. conformity bias. b. the halo effect. c. the horns effect. d. ultimate attribution error.
13. The practice of favoring people with lighter skin over those with darker skin is called: a. ableism. b. colorism. c. ethnic bias. d. racial bias.
14. Elizabeth graduated from Barnard College in New York, which everyone knows is far superior to Mills College in California, because Barnard only accepts the best students. This is an example of: a. higher education. b. classism. c. ostracism. d. social engineering.
15. Social stratification refers to the: a. geologic layers of the earth. b. way people communicate on social media. c. way people are ranked and ordered in society. d. way the Census Bureau counts the population.
16. There has been a lot of talk in the about implicit bias. Which statement regarding implicit bias is true? a. Having implicit bias means a person is racist. b. Everyone has implicit biases to some extent. c. Implicit bias is easy to identify and eliminate. d. If a person has implicit biases, they should not be in real estate.
17. Redlining is illegal today; however, it has not always been illegal. Many years ago, this practice was endorsed by the: a. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) b. Home Owners’ Loan Corporation (HOLC) c. Resolution Trust Corporation (RTC) d. All the choices are correct.
18. Commissioner Regulation 2780 prohibits any discriminatory conduct by real estate licensees against persons of a particular race, color, sex, ancestry, physical handicap, marital status, or national origin. Which is discriminatory conduct? a. Actively encouraging other licensees from working with minorities b. Refusing to list and show properties to selected people c. Stating to some people that property is not available when it is available d. Using special codes on applications
19. Brokers could do all the following to improve diversity and inclusion in their brokerages, EXCEPT attract real estate agents who: a. are only similar to the broker. b. come from diverse cultures. c. represent various parts of the community. d. speak different languages.
20. NAR unanimously passed a Fair Housing Action Plan in 2020, abbreviated “ACT,” emphasizing: a. Accessibility, Culture Change, and Testing. b. Accountability, Creature Comforts, and Training. c. Answerability, Culture Change, and Training. d. Accountability, Culture Change, and Training.